Caroline Tack was born in Belgium, and is fluent in French, Spanish, English and Flemish (similar to Dutch). She also lived in South Africa, Scotland and other countries mentioned below. In 2000, Caroline obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Translation in English, French and Spanish from the Institut supérieur de traducteurs et interprètes, a renowned translation college in Brussels, Belgium. She translated the book "Let the Conquered Speak" from English into French for Thor Heyerdahl, an adventurer and ethnographer who sailed the Pacific on the Kon-Tiki raft. She also worked for over 2 years for the partners of an international law firm in Brussels.
In 2001, Caroline did volunteering work for the Office of Ethnohistorical Research at the Arizona State Museum in Tucson, Arizona, where she translated and transcribed 18th century Spanish colonial documents into English.
Between 2004 and 2010, Caroline moved to Mexico City where she worked at the Belgian Embassy. Her work included translating correspondence between the Belgian and Mexican Ministries of Foreign Affairs. She also completed a course in translation of agreements in English and Spanish at the Universidad Intercontinental.
Caroline and her family have been living in British Columbia since 2011. Until recently, Caroline was working for a payroll company servicing the movie industry. She finally decided to set up her own company after it became apparent there was a high translation demand in the area. She has provided translations in all combination of English, French, Spanish and Dutch languages.
EXAMPLES OF TRANSLATION WORK
- "Let the Conquered Speak" book by Thor Heyerdahl, eng-fr, Spain
- "Power of Attorney" SEAL HOME, S.C., sp-eng, Mexico
- "Daycare regulations" Les Petits Pionniers, fr-eng, Canada
- "Sealer and Glace instructions" Ducan, eng-sp, Canada
- "Prepaid Services Order Form" BMC, eng-fr, Switzerland
- "Why purchase a vacation property in Bahia Principe Residences & Golf" 2000 Desarrollo y Urbanización del Caribe S.A. de C.V., sp-eng, Mexico
- “The Harbor of Antwerp” Architect P. Tack, nl-eng/fr/sp, Belgium
- “Inside Sales Representative for France” job posting for Honeywell Analytics AG, eng-fr, Switzerland
- “Price Strategy” Belgian Shell N.V., nl-fr, Belgium
- Documents related to Belgian and Mexican Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Cancun Climate Change Conference (COP16), Belgian Federal Elections, birth and marriage certificates,… Embassy of Belgium in Mexico, nl/fr/sp, Mexico
- Documents related to WorkSafeBC (B.C.)/CSST(Quebec), Cast & Crew Entertainment Services, eng/fr, Canada
- Documents related to Intelectual Property for partners of an international law firm, Bird & Bird, nl/fr/eng,Belgium